Highlighted

Mouse Over on Button is Resetting Parent Movie Clip (going to first frame)

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a button that is being animated within a movie clip. I'm using gotoAndPlay() at the last frame of the movie clip to repeatedly loop back to a previous frame. Upon mouse-ing over the button, the movie clip is going back to the beginning and staying there (not playing).

This movie clip is nested in a parent timeline, whose frame is calling gotoAndPlay(0) on the child clip.

I can make a pared-down file to share, but I'm hoping someone has some clues before I do that work.

Thank You!!

Blessedly, my colleague found the issue.

In the main timeline, the movie clip (which contains the button) was mistakenly marked as a Button object, instead of a Movie Clip.

I think what might have happened was that I symbol-swapped the initial button for my newer movie clip, and the 'type' must have remained 'Button'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mouse Over on Button is Resetting Parent Movie Clip (going to first frame)

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a button that is being animated within a movie clip. I'm using gotoAndPlay() at the last frame of the movie clip to repeatedly loop back to a previous frame. Upon mouse-ing over the button, the movie clip is going back to the beginning and staying there (not playing).

This movie clip is nested in a parent timeline, whose frame is calling gotoAndPlay(0) on the child clip.

I can make a pared-down file to share, but I'm hoping someone has some clues before I do that work.

Thank You!!

In the main timeline, the movie clip (which contains the button) was mistakenly marked as a Button object, instead of a Movie Clip.

I think what might have happened was that I symbol-swapped the initial button for my newer movie clip, and the 'type' must have remained 'Button'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0