• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mouse over state works in preview but not publish

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm working in adobe cc, creating a html5 banner ad. I've created a button by importing a graphic, converting to a symbol, selecting "button", and entering the symbol editing mode. from there, I give it additional key frames for "over" "down" and "hit". These 3 are all the same (darker and with a change to the text color), and the "up" state is the button as it should appear when nothing is happening to it.

When I preview, it works perfectly. The button behaves as I'd like it to. However, when I publish, I get no interactive states. Hovering changes neither the button nor the cursor, and clicking also has no affect.

I expect I'm missing something obvious, but I keep spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, not sure from the detail but giving this a go...

advancedlayers.jpg

Click CTRL and J and make sure 'Use Advanced Layers' is not ticked. Check that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced layers are off, actually. Sorry if I haven't given enough useful details, I mostly gotten this far by just poking around in animate and watching tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries.

Can you take a screen shot of your layers and also show us the code you are using for the button.

Also on your browser page can you right-click, select 'Inspect' (or 'Inspect Element' - this can differ for different browsers). Then go to the Console tab and take screen shot if any errors or messages in there.

Some browser's security can interfere with publishing as it is local, making you think it is not working. Can you test on a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh, that's interesting. I pulled the button and background into a new file to test it,  with the same result. there a a bunch of errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use WeTransfer to upload your FLA file so we can look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have a look when get home from work as on a bus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tested it and it works for me (i.e. when I hover over it the text turns from black to white and the background changes slightly). I assumed you purposely sent it without any code in it for the click.

No console errors when I published it and it worked in Chrome and Firefox.

Can I ask- is your Animate CC up to date (Version 19.1 Build 349)? Are the browsers you are using also updated (maybe try it on different browsers)? A long shot but are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Can you run it from a server and it work?

Just trying to figure this out as I'm stumped. Also, someone else might have had this problem too, know the fix and hopefully post it here (as I'd like to know as well).

But maybe check out those things I suggested first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. It seems like it may be, as you suggested, an issue of testing it locally, so I'm going to see if I can test it on a server.

I've tried both the latest version of animate as well as the 2018 version without any difference on the mouse over effect.

Thanks for digging into this, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries!

The fact you have tried it on the latest version of Animate and different browsers that are up-to-date has me confused.

If you try on a server and it works or you notice anything else that gets it working then can you come back and let us know, so as for further users experiencing the same and also to improve the knowledge base?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried it on a server and it works as expected! No errors, either. It seems like your hypothesis of security interference for local files was correct. I'm going to assume moving forward that if it previews properly, it should work when delivered. Thanks again for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries and thanks for getting back to me.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines