• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move entire animation into new position

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I want to move my animation to a new position. But if I select every frame it moves only from where my time indicator is. How can I move everything to a new position?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

If you want to keep to the timeline, you can use "Edit Multiple Frames" at the bottom of the timeline. Select the beginning and the end of the range of frames that you want to move. Go to the buttons at the bottom of the timeline, The second one from the right is the Edit Multiple Frames button, select that. Now you can drag the objects in the that layer to a new position on the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My animation is a motion tween by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about moving to a new position on the stage or a new position on the timeline? If you want to move the animation, the action between two or more keyframes to a new position on the stage, the simplest solution is to cut and paste the frames into a movieClip and then position that movieClip on the stage where you want it to run. If you want to have the animation occur at a different time in the timeline, you can select the whole set of frames and then drag them to a new point in the timeline. You can even drag the frames to a different layer if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes to a new position. Yeah I created a new movieclip and repositioned the whole animation. The only thing is that I want the animation to be on the layers on scene1 and have all the keyframes there. If I create a movieclip, I'll have to extend the amount of frames to the amount of the movieclip animation, which is okay. But I'll have to enter the movieclip to make adjustments to the keyframes. I thought maybe there was an "easier" way. Bu thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to keep to the timeline, you can use "Edit Multiple Frames" at the bottom of the timeline. Select the beginning and the end of the range of frames that you want to move. Go to the buttons at the bottom of the timeline, The second one from the right is the Edit Multiple Frames button, select that. Now you can drag the objects in the that layer to a new position on the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an edit multiple frames button??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's at the bottom of the timeline:

multiple frame edit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I dont have that button! How else can I find it?

Aaron5C41_0-1604729028403.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! You have to go to Control (at the top) > Timeline > Edit Multiple Frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this... was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where they moved it to. I'm coming from Flash transitioning over to Animate, and some of the new layout still requires getting used to. Not sure why they removed the edit multiple frames from the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing how you found it because I was pulling my damn hair out too. Everywhere I looked online said the exact same thing, above your timeline or below your timeline and the second from the right. But no one posted an image, etc. I was so confused and couldn't find the function in the menu, weird how it's in the "control" menu as I usually only access that to preview, etc. I would assume it would have been under the "Edit" menu, just seems more logical. 

Thank you to everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, advice to those who are doing what I'm doing. Avoid pulling your hair out further. When you apply the above solution to move all items in a SEQUENCE and you enable "Edit Multiple Items"... regardless of the keyframe you're on, it will ONLY show you that keyframe for the durations of the time you have the Edit Multiple Items checked. 

But, the changes do happen to all keyframes in the sequence, you'll see it once you uncheck the box. So don't be scared like I was after doing the repositioning and also resizing of all 250 images in my sequence and noticing that every single keyframe now is the same image.

It's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ahmad28428898zk2v 

thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you to do new animation in movie clip from the beginning if you want to move it later. It would be easier to transfer it to any place you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to use the edit multiple frames function, be sure to also select either the onion skin or wireframe button and increase the range to be the entire length of your layer. Otherwise it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines