• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MovieClip object becomes null on its own.

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building an app in animate cc (10-frames long) and  I have a movieclip at frame 3. When I navigate through frames 4-9 and return to frame 3, the object is still there, but when I go back from frame 10, my object turns null and my app crashes. I don't have a code that would remove it from the stage. I  don't know what's happening, but that's the second time I've experienced something like this. It seems completely random and I can't seem to be able to fix it. This is really worrying.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, are you accessing an object within the movieclip ? or the movieclip directly ?

What code do you have in frame 10 ? how does it differ to 9 and the way is accesses the object ?

Example would be good !

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is frame 10 a keyframe and does the movieclip still have an instance name assigned there if it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the app is a mobile app, so different views (frames) have different set of items. So in one frame I display game stas score, name, etc. while in another one I have a FAQ sections. The object in frame 3 doesn't exist in frame 10. This is undoubtedly a very annoying bug. I fixed it by placing the object on a separate layer and extending through the entire timeline, so that it's available in every view. I just added a new keyframe (instance name is preserved all the time), so that I could move the object out of users signt (it's an absolutely terrible workaround). I didn't want to play with the "visible" property or adding that object through code because I have several navigation buttons and I would have to add too many add/remove listeners and add/remove child, or the visible property.

Flash/animate cc can randomly lose instance names of random objects when navigating through frames.It's already happened to me 3 times on unique objects (used only once) or reused objects, e.g. same back button, but with different instance names. It's completely random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines