• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving subselected Anchorpoints?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to Animate though I work in Illustrator all the time-- I'm trying to do something that should be pretty basic but doesnt seem to work in Animate.

1) How do I click+drag a bounding box to select multiple anchor points when using the subselection tool?

2) Can I move anchorpoints or groups of anchorpoints with the arrow keys?

I would think this would be pretty similar to how illustrator operates, but it doesn't seem to be the case and is very frustrating. Can anyone help out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as a follow up-- any way to do the illustrator shift + drag thing to keep points snapped to an axis when moving them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If you break apart your Drawing Object to a raw vector shape, you will be able to box-select and move with the arrow keys.

If your points are instide a Drawing Object you will need to click once to show them and then Shift-click on the points to select a few; then you can move with the arrow keys. Shift+arrow will increase the increment 10 times.

It does not seem that holding Shift while dragging locks the axis, so you will have to use the arrow keys for that.

In Flash / Animate you can also very easily and intuitively add points with the V-tool selected if you hold down Ctrl and click and drag on a line.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero. Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed-- this fixed a whole bunch of other issues that I didn't even post about!

Much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear, mate!

Good luck with your work!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines