• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Symbols within symbols in multiple scenes

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I keep the frames in scene 2 matched in a continuous numerical fashion from scene 1 (so my internal symbol's timeline matches the frame number from scene 2)? When I go to scene 2, it starts over at "frame 1", but that's not where my symbol's animation starts. Example- my scene 1 ends at frame 750. Can I make Scene 2 start at 751 so that everything matches?

I have multiple symbols within symbols (eyes, mouth, eyebrows = all within "head" symbol).

So, I want to got o "Scene 2" with a fresh timeline. But when I place my symbols onto the new timeline, it's still connected to the frame numbers from Scene 1. How do I make my frame numbers do continuosly into scene 2? 

I've read in the other posts to just "not use scenes" and keep the timeline continuous. Well that's fine, except my timeline gets so complicated and full of so many files and layers because there are three characters all with multiple symbols within symbols AND a moving background with moving foreground elements. So, in scene 2 there is only one character sitting still and I'd LOVE to get rid of ALL those files, sybols, and layers that I'm not using in scene 2. . . but my one character in scene 2 is still numerically connected to the frame numbers in scene 1. Frustrating! Do I have to get a calculator to add the frames from scene 2 to know EXACTLY which frame to tell my symbol to move with?

Isn't there a way to keep the frame numbers going continuosly even though it's a new scene?

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Best (as you have already discovered) is to not use Scenes as you are setting yourself up for more problems if you do.

Organise your timeline in containers instead. 

One should never work on the Main timeline. Then you will never face the problem of clutter.

You don't seem to understand Symbols yet. These numbers you talk about are the frame numbers of the Symbol's timeline and not of the Main timeline and have nothing to do with your Scene number.

If you want to start from #1 in Scene 2, just create a symbol duplicate of your Head symbol.

There is much more to be said, but the most important thing for you is to understand nested timelines.

I suggest you leave your project for a while and play with a few simple Graphic symbols with counters inside to nest and sync them until you have a better understanding what you are doing and why.

A couple of articles which may be helpful:

https://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

https://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines