• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Animate 2021 file disappeared

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the most up-to-date Adobe Animate 2021, Yesterday 3/26 I was working on a college project where I have to create a small animation with characters. My computer was glitching in a way where you saw lines coming across your screen sort of like when a tv doesnt have good signal. It didn't really come to mind when it was happen and I thought it was just my laptop but I think it is a glitch in the program. I shut down my computer and restarted it, It still was acting the same so I worked on my project anyways because it had to be done. I did a "save as" when I was done a put "Final_326.fla" as the title. Today 3/27 I startup my laptop and The file has disappeared. I have looked everywhere on my computer. I went into my "recents" on Adobe Animate and it says "The file does not exist or can't be found". I found recovery files from yesterdays date but its only in TextEdit with a bunch of symbols. The only screw up on my part was not putting it on a hard drive.... so now I'm stuck.

If someone can please help me that would be greatly appreciated because I really dont know what to do.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error , Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the file size of your recovery fla and does it seem like that would be its expected size.  if so, you may be able to repair it by renaming to a rar, using winrar (or something comparable) to repair the rar, renaming the repaired rar to a fla and trying to open in animate.

did you check for other recovery files by checking the AutoRecoverFilenames.txt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the file size of my recovery fla?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use your file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines