Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Animate Resolution Is too Large

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am finding that Adobe Animate and Dreamweaver come to mention it are display an interface twice the size of Photoshop for example.

The screenshot included has Animate's stage at 100% on the left and on the right Photoshop's canvas at 100% 72 dpi.

I would like to change my Animate interface to match the size ratio of photoshop because at the moment my animations are publishing too large.

I am using a 15inch mac book pro.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance!

Sim

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 10.08.25.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just change the pixel dimensions of your Document, i.e. Stage Size from either Property Inspector or Modify menu > Document...

If you already have created content you can check the Scale Content and it will be resized to match the new Stage dimensions.

I may have misunderstood your question, because you mention resolution and interface size, but in the end it seems that what you mean is the Stage size.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Animate Document/stage is the same dimensions as the photoshop document (660 x 550 pixels) but is displaying at twice the size.

My question is how do I adjust my animate settings so the stage matches the display ratio displayed in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom out 🙂

Animate is pixel based screen graphics application. DPI mean nothing to it.

If something is 100 pixels and is viewed at 100% on a screen with native resolution and no OS dsipay scaling it shows as 100 pixels.

Maybe your Photoshop has some compensation for print resolution and is not displaying your canvas 1:1.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would like to change my Animate interface to match the size ratio of photoshop because at the moment my animations are publishing too large."

Do you mean that if, say, you created a 500x500 pixel document in Animate, export one frame as a PNG, then open that PNG in Photoshop, the image size is greater than 500x500 pixels?

Or do you literally just mean that it looks large when viewed in Animate, but the pixel dimensions are actually correct?

There is a known issue relating to monitor DPI on Windows, but I don't know of any specific issues on OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I mean the pixel sixes are correct but appear larger in animate.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is smilar problemes that are facing on site but this is more informative post about Clinica dental to get more info about visit this  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar problem with me while creating animation for a client's site 😕 This is really stressful. Looking for some useful solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I don't know about Mac, but on Windows, if you set the scale and layout to a value bigger than 100% by going to Settings > System > Display, you're gonna get this difference in sizes.

Scale and layout set to 100%.

image.png

Scale and layout set to 125%.image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines