• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My animated background image is a fraction of its size when testing and published

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 2021 Animate and working on a HTML 5 canvas. My background is a movie clip symbol where I have an ocean scene using a mask to animate the water. It is larger than pixel size of my file. It covers the entire background.

But when I test it, it is so very small and in the top left corner. I don't know why. 

This is how it looks in Animate.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.19.12 PM.png

And this is how it looks when I test it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.19.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

is the first image the animate stage?

if so, scale the bitmap so its stage size or edit it (eg, in  ps) so it's stage size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in animate click the free transform tool > click your ocean movieclip > move the pivot point to the movieclip's center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The pivot point is already in the movie clip's center. So it is not that. It shrinks the ocean movieclip for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the first image the animate stage?

if so, scale the bitmap so its stage size or edit it (eg, in  ps) so it's stage size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kglad! Yes, the first image is the Animate stage.  That worked. I resized the ocean image in Photoshop to size of stage in Animate. Then imported into Animate and replaced the old ocean image.

I guess Animate doesn't like to resize images. I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines