Highlighted

My Project Is Gone!

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so let's start from the beginning. It was my first time using animate so I started an animation. I did about 300 frames spending 5 hours on it and since it was my first time, it was tough. Then I had to shut down my computer since I was going to sleep, and in order to do so, I had to exit adobe animate. When I did that, it asked me "do you want to save Untitled_4?" That was the project I had been working on. I said yes, and it took me to my library, which meant I was exporting the project basically. I didn't want to do that, so I just pressed no and then closed animate. I opened it back up to see if my file was still there, and it wasn't! I searched up the problem and found out that they automatically save it somewhere. I searched for it and couldn't find it. Someone please tell me how to get that project back. I spent a lot of time on it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Project Is Gone!

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so let's start from the beginning. It was my first time using animate so I started an animation. I did about 300 frames spending 5 hours on it and since it was my first time, it was tough. Then I had to shut down my computer since I was going to sleep, and in order to do so, I had to exit adobe animate. When I did that, it asked me "do you want to save Untitled_4?" That was the project I had been working on. I said yes, and it took me to my library, which meant I was exporting the project basically. I didn't want to do that, so I just pressed no and then closed animate. I opened it back up to see if my file was still there, and it wasn't! I searched up the problem and found out that they automatically save it somewhere. I searched for it and couldn't find it. Someone please tell me how to get that project back. I spent a lot of time on it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Animate forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm sorry about this.

The solutions for lost and damaged files are basically:

- Look for the auto-recovery files;

- Decompile the most recent exported SWF;

- Use softwares that recover deleted files in storage deviced.

Please refer to the File damaged and recover file disappeared thread starting from this comment:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/file-damaged-and-recover-file-disappeared/m-p/11466250#M33567...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0