My workplace settings reset themselves, and remembers none of my previous files

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I was working on a little vid i've put alot of work into earlier today, saved my progress, then went out to eat with a friend. When I came back and fired up adobe animate cc, I noticed first that the list of "recently opened files" was blank. When I searched for and opened up my file, it was the same as I had left it, but all my personalised workplace setting (workspace layout, customised shortcuts, etc.) had been reset like it was a completely new program to my computer. I don't know what could have changed in only 2 hours but Its a pain the the butt to reset all my hotkeys and try to get the workspace set exactly like I had it. What went wrong, and is anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Other, Product issue

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had that happen to me, but all the time-consuming stuff is so easy to restore i've never paid much attention to it.: just create a custom workspace and create custom keyboard shortcuts.  then restore when needed.

actually, you have to create custom keyboard shortcuts in order to customize them so you just need to reselect your custom ones:

Screenshot - 10_4_2020 , 6_58_42 AM.png

to create a custom workspace, click the icon at the upper right:

Screenshot - 10_4_2020 , 7_02_26 AM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines