I've been having trouble on adobe animate, getting a HTML file to be playable online.
It's a comic, with next and back buttons.
In a canvas file, I can press test Movie In Browser and it'd work would load and have button I can press.
Where as when published the file, is not interactive.
This comics that was in SWF files
Adobe animate .fla file linked below, could someone help me with the the transition from SWF files to html ones?
Thanks so much for reading!!
Because of browser's security restrictions, you need to run your content from a local or remote/online server.
The Phaser framework offcial website has a pretty nice article about it:
If you really need to run your content locally without a server, you're gonna need to use a vector shape turned into a Graphic or Movie Clip symbol in the Hit frame of your button and then go to the Publish Settings (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + F12) and set this symbol to not be exported as a bitmap.
I edited your file and uploaded it here:
I hope this helps.
Thanks! Thanks so much for helping!
Been on that Phaser site and tried to work out how servers actually work, how to code.
But after many days of trying it just brings me to the truth that I'm just not a coder at all!
So thanks for helping, but i think i may just have to rely on havin a dropbox account to submit my comic pages!
Have you tried Netlify? It takes literally seconds to deploy a website to there. All you have to do is:
- Go to netlify.com;
- Create and account and/or login;
- Put all your content generated in Animate (.html, .js, images, videos, and so on) in a single folder called whatever you want;
- Make sure you .html is called index.html;
- Go to the sites page of Netlify - the page that we are sent to after the login;
- Click on the Sites tab/link;
- Drag and drop the folder that contains the output generated by Animate (.html, .js, and so on) onto the page above;
- Wait a few seconds or minutes;
- Open the link generated by Netlify at the top;
- Done. Your content can be visited by everyone in the world like any other website and those security issues shouldn't happen anymore.
Please let us know if you still need help.
I may still need some help, since I've now got a netify acount, and also a github account and I followed the instuctions but lead me to page not found on both my attempts.
First time trying this app stuff haha!
You're almost there! Great!
Are you dragging the files themselves or the folder containing the files?
You must drag the folder containing the files.
Please let me know.
I am indeed draggon the whole folder, not just 1 file at a time! As the good tutorial showed! c:
What I mean is if you're dragging the folder icon or if you're selecting multiple files and dragging them.
You have to put all of your files in a folder, go outside this folder and drag the folder itself by grabbing its icon.
Ohhh yes dragging whole folders, these where my 2 attemps i dragged and dropped
Just showed what was in my files incase i messed up there!