Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some help

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone ! 

I would like to know if someone has an idea on how I can make a character with different views. So I want to put my character in a 3/4 view looking on his left, and then he turns to his right etc... and of course I would like to get a smooth animation with this changing view. 

Thanks for ur help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this tutorial will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvUkaBhwAFY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Several ways to do this depending on your animation style. Typically a character is drawn at a 3/4 angle which solves several angle problems as the character can look front, angle and side and also be flipped horizontally.
But if you have a character in 3/4, side, back and front angles, I would do the following (assuming you know the basics of drawing, symbols, timeline, and nesting)...

1. Design the character in 3/4 view and nest it inside a symbol. Inside this symbol, have all body parts on their own layers. I like to have the head be another nested symbol and do all the talking and eye movements/expressions.

2. Go back to main timeline where this symbol resides, right-click, and duplicate it. Name it "side_view" or whatever angle you choose

3. Use the character as a reference to design in side view.

4. Repeat steps 2-3 for every character angle

5. When animating, if you want to change the character's angle, you can insert a keyframe, select the symbol and swap it for a different symbol containing the angle you prefer. 

This is a very general idea and I've left out lots of details, so let me know if this was enough info or if you need more.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines