• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Animation Doesn't Continue Into Next Keyframe

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CC 2015, couldn't find a forum for it.

Frankly, I'm a Flash noob and I've always preferred Frame-by-Frame. But I decided to try character rigging for the first time and sadly there's very few tutorials that I don't have to pay for so I'm a bit confused. The character I'm rigging was drawn on the Procreate Ipad app, I set them all up in Photoshop, separating the rig by their turn around perspective of the character... (Front view, side view, back view.) I saved it as a PSD to be imported into Flash.

That's some background...if it helps.

The rig in flash looks like this,
The puppet itself––containing everything.Nested are the head and torso separated.

The head is where the animation for the head turns are and nested in are facial features with their own animation.

Torso is self-explanatory, contains all the body parts.

I've got some things figured out with nested animations but I probably messed it up, though the first scene works very well.

In the second scene the character is looking to the left while the nested blinking and talking animation plays, and she is supposed to turn her head after she speaks––as she does so her mouth is supposed to form an "o" shape.  The head turn have their own keyframes.

There is a delay until it reaches the keyframes where she turns her head and the nested and during that time the animation continues fine, when it hits the next keyframe, the nested animation is reset. I guess that's what the problem is, the animation in one keyframe doesn't go to the next and I can't go in to fix the head turn frames' nested animation without affecting the previous frames. Last I checked, the symbol that contains everything is a Graphic and converting it to Movie Clip allows the mouth and eye animation to continue but the head turn is removed except for the last one.

I don't know what else to do, worst-case scenario I might as well just delete the eyes and mouth in those frames––if it works.

Message was edited by: Leanna Llosa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

It sounds like you would like the symbol timeline to follow your sequence timeline frame-to-frame. There are 3 types of symbols: Movie Clip, Graphic & Button. The Movie Clip is the most robust but it has a timeline that moves separately from the sequence timeline. If you are not trying to call the symbol as an instance with scripting then you might not need it. Try nesting your animation as a graphic symbol. Its timeline matches the sequence timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the first thing you should do is update to Animate CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya! 
Just to clarify is your problem: each symbols new keyframe will reset the internal animated sequence to its first frame, instead of just continuing with the nested sequences timeline?

If it is, I've not found a way to turn that off but going to the keyframe and stating which frame you want it to start on works.

Make sure your Symbol is a Graphic. Go to the keyframe that the sequence restarts on. Within the properties of the symbol, go to the drop down "looping". Then set which frame you want to be first, either by typing in the frame number or using the "Use frame Picker"

Hope this helps, good luck with your animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you would like the symbol timeline to follow your sequence timeline frame-to-frame. There are 3 types of symbols: Movie Clip, Graphic & Button. The Movie Clip is the most robust but it has a timeline that moves separately from the sequence timeline. If you are not trying to call the symbol as an instance with scripting then you might not need it. Try nesting your animation as a graphic symbol. Its timeline matches the sequence timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines