• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Symbols Problem After Update

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a while I have been doing some presentation using animate, nevertheless, after updating my older version my presentation stop working. After several trials, I discover that the error occurs when I have several nested symbols. For example, I have A Symbol called Slide, And inside Slide there is an Other Symbol Called Content, until this point, it seems to be working properly, but if I add another symbol Text, the animation inside Text won't run, making the text that should fade in not visible.

I re-download the previous version and tried the presentation there, and it works fine. Can someone help me? I don't understand why It doesn't work in the new version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using graphics or movieclips? you can only do effects like fading text with movieclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using movieclips, and basically the text is just fading in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me this is my file https://we.tl/t-x7jNGp0ELR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi edgardo...

I downloaded your RangeRover thing and what can I say?

First of all when I tried to make a test (in the browser - it's a canvas file after all), it lasted forever to export HTML and Javascript and in the end Animate CC did not respond anymore. I had to force it to quit.

Your entire file looks somewhat like to many things the same repeated again and again. I don't know how many but I estimate you have 200 eventListeners doing basically always the same on buttons with always the same instance names. You have - again I estimate - 250 frames with code, basically again looking all very much the same.

Seemingly there are 12 frames with 12 slides with 12 main content movieclips, some with pictures and buttons (exterior/interior) others with ominous contentwrappers (Title/Text) - I can't help it, it looks like you should have only one main navigation bar with a few buttons (ant and sig etc.) and a container mc with maybe sub-mcs in which you load via Linkage from the library and addChild/removeChild the stuff you particularly want to present in a given user choice situation. And a few variables to know what's current displayed.

More I can't say

klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines