• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New learner trying to grasp the HTML5 Canvas vs Flash struggle.

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an Illustrator and I played with Flash in the early years but never got into scripting which means I was never a real user. I am now trying to get back into some interactivity with my illustrations and find that the fla format is pretty much history at least for long term web use. So with a view toward learning the correct way, I am asking for some quick direction.  Here is a fla file I am working on and the plan is to have lots of interactivity from the list of buildings and also clicking on the buildings on the map. Zooming, Panning etc. (which I haven't even begun). The pic and text at the bottom will change based on the building selected. You've all seen this and if you test this file you'll get the idea. I am sure my out of date and limited Flash efforts will be seen quickly. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v9vZjKEMnMIYU0gysv45gdw4PMWdXwWj

So the question is, will this sort of file be possible in Animate going the HTML5/Canvas route. Simplifying is ok I just want to set a course in the right direction, know the limitations and learn the right stuff.  (ie. should I always work in HTML5 Canvas and learn JS)   Any input would be helpful.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the fla format is pretty much history at least for long term web use."

Incorrect. You mean SWF. FLA is the "source code" format used by Flash/Animate. It's used for both AS3 and HTML5 Canvas documents.

As for your sample file, anything using components, especially ScrollPane, will have to be redone without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Maybe this thread will be helpful.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/zooming-and-panning-map-in-animate-cc-movie-html5-to-canvas/t...

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines