• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new to program, help with animation method

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey all, I have a question that might be really stupid, but I'm very new to this program and animating in general so please forgive me. mostly, I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction of the tools/methods I should be using for my goal. basically i'm trying to create 2D animations where I can have one base and have different colors, accessories, etc on top of it while keeping the animations. I have a hand-drawn frame by frame example of the kind of animation style I'm going for (think the Pusheen cat animations):

cattest.gif

but I wonder if there's a way to make that with vectors/tweening? where I can just push and pull the object around easily with lines that are created with the pen tool. I tried to do that and use shape tweening, but even with the shape hints, the program would warp the ears and everything, making it not do what I want. I don't know if I'm just using shape hints wrong or if the ears need to be separate objects or something. I also plan for there to be different colors/patterns inside of the thick lines, too, which I don't know if that effects the animation method or not.

thank you for reading and I hope everyone has had a good holiday/start to the new year.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?