• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question re exporting animated gif

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've made a very simple animation. Followed the tutorial by CC. When I 'test' in web browser the animation works. When I click the little play symbol within Adobe Animate window, nothing happens. When I export an animated gif, nothing happens it's also static. Is this an easy fix. I have 3 simple things moving on the page. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If you happen to have any Movie Clips that occupy only one frame on the main timeline with your animation inside, this can be the reason to not see your animation when you hit play and when you export.

Many tutorials about Flash and Animate are, frankly, quite misleading teaching newbies to use Movie Clips instead of Graphic Symbols and this leads to a lot of confusion.

I can't really be sure, but if my guess is right, then select the Movie Clip instances on the Main Timeline and from Properties panel choose their type to Graphic.

Then make sure on the main timeline you have enough frames for the animation inside those symbols to play, i.e. extend them.

When you scrub the play head you should be able to see your animation on the main timeline.

Then it will also export.

Movie Clips should only be used for interactive projects where you control them with code. If you just make an animation only use Graphic Symbols.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy reply, yes I changed the properties to Graphic symbols from movie clip and it didn't alter the outcome, it's still just a static image gif not an animated gif. Thank you for your help though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like, you can upload your file somewhere and post a link to it on the forum.

I'll have a look.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, sorry about the long delay, because of the commercial nature of the work I'd rather not upload the file. I'm still trying to 'fix it' with tutorials online. I've found all 'Animate' tutorials possess very different 'simple' instructions. I will persist with Animate and then move to AE to see if that might be easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines