• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie_ Updating imported image links?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm fairly new to Animate and animation.

My tutorial book says if I edit an image in PS or AI after I have placed it, I can update the graphic without having to import again. I can't find out how. Can anyone advise please?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is literally an "Update" button in the Animate bitmap properties window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clay

Thanks for answer.

That seems to only work if I import and click box IMPORT AS SINGLE BITMAP IMAGE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's how you update bitmaps.

I hope you're not trying to do this with vectors, because obviously that would be a terrible idea. Animate can't use vector data from other programs as-is; it has to be converted as best it can to its own vector format, and then the user can freely manipulate those vectors inside Animate. Trying to stomp on that entire process with a simplistic Update button would be a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou.

I have read you can just import psd and ai files in layers and use and update those. When you convert to a symbol does that turn it to bitmap?

I'm a print designer trying to transition to animated gifs etc and there lots of tutorials out there about how to animate, just almost nothing about formats and resolutions etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines