• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

None of my brush modes are functioning

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I’m trying to animate from a tutorial using the fluid brush. I’m pretty new to animate but did flash years ago and work almost daily in after effects.

My problem is I have a shape inside a symbol, and I am trying to add bold, but non-uniform, border on the inside of the shape. Just imagine for the sake of this it’s a circle. Here’s my process:

- I have the circle inside the symbol layer just as a shape
- I click and select the circle
- keeping the circle selected, I then click the fluid brush and change the brush mode to “paint selection”
- I try to paint but it just paints like normal, extending over and outside of the bounds of the shape.

Am I missing something? I've tried it with object mode on and off, with the fill locked and unlocked. Not only that but I tried changing it to EVERY different brush mode and it just paint like normal. That makes me think I’m just doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can see using this feature A LOT.

Attached video screencapture below

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you are going into the symbol to add to the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines