Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OAM file size increase everytime I publish

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm having some issues with OAM files created with Adobe Animate CC.
I started with a little animation with a PNG background image, the resulting OAM file size was 300k, next, I created a new file, with the same background image and some new animation, little changes, and the resulting file size increase to 360k. I have to make 14 animations with the same background, and I just realize this issue when I was finishing the 9th animation, the file size reached 967k!!!

I did a little test, I'd duplicate the file, change the name, but leave it extaclty the same inside, and new OAM published file reached 1140k.
I started from scracth, created a new file, import background and do nothing else, save it to another location in mi PC and voila, back to 300k.

I'm thinking that maybe it is an animate caché issue, but I dont know what's happening. I have to import these animations into Captivate and it will crash the course, Im sure.

Please, anybody help me! Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Well, after some sleep, I realize that publishing all the oam files in the same folder increase the size of the file. I guess it's because the folder images is overwritten and increase the size? I don't know, doesnt make any sense to me. But, I solve this by saving the animate and published files in a new folder everytime, then with all finished I'd just put them in the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after some sleep, I realize that publishing all the oam files in the same folder increase the size of the file. I guess it's because the folder images is overwritten and increase the size? I don't know, doesnt make any sense to me. But, I solve this by saving the animate and published files in a new folder everytime, then with all finished I'd just put them in the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An OAM file is basically a ZIP file. Actually, if you change the extension from .oam to .zip you can open the file and review the contents. Perhaps try this and it might show why your .oam file is growing in size every time you publish. Could assets such as images be getting duplicated as opposed to replaced some how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines