Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offset parallax with brush when using multiple monitors -Adobe Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

The issue looks two ways:  First, when I draw,  its actually drawing a couple of inches away from where I am actually pointing--theres like a giant offset of a few inches. Second, when I draw, it is as if I am constantly shift clicking 3-5 inches away, making a bunch of straight horizontal lines.  The issues fluctuate between each other depending on wheter the "supports digital ink" setting on my tablet is turned on or off.  

These issues happen when I use my dual screen setup, though drawing works accurately when I am just using my single monitor;graphics-tablet.  But I want to use both my monitors-graphics tablet, and my regular computer monitor!

Regardless of whether I use Adobe Animate version 20.03 or 19.2.1, the issue this persists when I am using dual monitors. 

When I am in dual screen mode, my drawing still works accurately in other drawing programs like microsoft paint and adobe photoshop! This leads me to believe that the problem may have to do with Adobe Animate specifically, causing bugs in brush offset and random straight horizontal lines, in relation to a multiple monitor setup.  

Any insight is appreciated!

Operating System:  Windows 10

Tablet: XP-Pen Artist 22E

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi mate, 

Did you do a search in this forum before posting?

There may be similar topics, some of them possibly with solutions.

Have you tried switching from WinTab to Windows Ink in Animatame's Drawing Preferences? Seems to have helped some non-Wacom users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, 

Did you do a search in this forum before posting?

There may be similar topics, some of them possibly with solutions.

Have you tried switching from WinTab to Windows Ink in Animatame's Drawing Preferences? Seems to have helped some non-Wacom users.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nick, I owe you a cookie!

At first I was confused because I could not find the option to "switch from WinTab to Windows Ink", because I was using Adobe Animate old version 19.2.1. 

I needed to use Adobe Animate current version 20.03 before I saw the option: 

Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences (Ctrl + U) > Drawing (tab) >  Tablet Input: (Change from "WinTab" to "Windows Ink").  Click okay.  After you restart Adobe Animate, success! (By the way, the "Supports Digital Ink" checkbox, which is in the settings of my tablet, must be checked for this to work, otherwise, the problem still persists.)

Now, when I draw, the brush works normally, accurately!  No more dealing with the nonsense of the brush drawing a couple of inches away from where I was actually touching the screen.  With this fix, I can now use my graphics-tablet-monitor AND my normal-computer-monitor at the same time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, mate!

I'm really glad to hear you can now focus on the art and not the stupid technical issues.

I should have mentioned that the Windows Ink (Beta) option was introduced in AA 20.0.3. Apologies for not being clear enough.

All the best!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines