• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Project needs new Life

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if this does not conform to your forum, but 17 years ago I created a Flash project that very few could fully view because of memory. Today, computer memory is no longer a problem and that combined with the news that Adobe is ending its support for the Flash Player got me thinking about my project again. This is where I seek the communities help. I pretty much have exhausted my search on the web for a place to make the project public. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The project is an interactive how-to book about a child with special needs and his creations. The project’s SWF file size is 48 MB.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have the SWF and not the FLA, I'd suggest getting a debug/standalone Flash Player installed or referring users to one: 
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html 

This will allow your SWF to run outside the browser. For a native web, in-browser experience... I haven't heard of anything being very successful, sadly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to share it with others who might not want to download a standalone player, you can embed the SWF in a PDF. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/adding-multimedia-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Myra, for taking the time and trying to help--it means a lot. At this point, I feel what I have been searching for does not exist. I just had to pull this project out of the round file when I heard the news about the Flash Player. Unless some divine intervention happens, I am putting it back and moving on—thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines