• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onion skin doesn't work for me

Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been messing around with this for a while. Here is the onion skin pictue:

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 9.28.30 AM.png

Here is the shot of me viewing the section ahead of where I need to be:

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 9.36.25 AM.png

The green 'b' is the one I want to make align to the word. So, I then move the 'needle' to the 'b' I need to move and:

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 9.36.41 AM.png

So what needs to be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Onion skinning is for frame-by-frame animation. So if you wanted to make a stick figure jump, in the first keyframe you would have him standing, 2nd keyframe he might squat down a little, 3rd, keyframe he will be jumping up to the air and opening his arms and legs, and so on. And to help this process, you use onion skinning, so that you can create a smooth animation by making the small incremental changes. So seeing the frame before or the frame after helps you position the current frame. See be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Onion skinning is for frame-by-frame animation. So if you wanted to make a stick figure jump, in the first keyframe you would have him standing, 2nd keyframe he might squat down a little, 3rd, keyframe he will be jumping up to the air and opening his arms and legs, and so on. And to help this process, you use onion skinning, so that you can create a smooth animation by making the small incremental changes. So seeing the frame before or the frame after helps you position the current frame. See below.

.onion-skin.jpg

Hope that helps!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines