Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onion skin not working how I want.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've never really posted on forums like this for any software or app I own for the simple fact it always looked so complicated for those posting questions. 

That said I have a question about adobe animate; it's not too complicated. So I am trying to work on a rough animatic.  I have in the screen shot, 3 frames. the 2nd frame is empty where the play head is located on the time line. I have activated onion skin with the parameters shown to the left of the scene window. The previous or 1st frame faded like I expected it to. However, the 3rd or Next frame infront of the play head did not fade. This makes it difficult to draw in the 2nd frame in bewtween the 1st and 3rd frames.

My question is how do I get the 3rd frame to fade like the 1st frame?

I have screen shots of the comp info and software info attached along with a screen shot of the issue I detailed above. 

I've tried drawing in the 2nd frame and the third frame still wouldn't fade. It's not shown in the screen shot as to prevent confusion.   

thank you to anyone for taking the time respond to this inquiry. 

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2nd frame doesn't appear to be a keyframe. so whatever you draw there will be in the 1st frame.

and i'm not sure about your onion skinning because you have an arrow pointing to something you're calling the third frame but it's not the 3rd frame and it's not part of the onion skin view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have also clicked on the Edit Multiple Frames button next to Onion Skin button..

Disable that.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines