• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over 2+ hours of lost work...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent ages on an animation, closed my computer, and I wake up to my computer crashing. I spend ages digging for the recovery file and it says Zero bytes on the file. I tried opening it but it doesn't work. PLEASE tell me there's a way to recover this.

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you disabled autoback up, check

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

and periodically save your work with all programs using increasing version numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already found the recovery file, my problem is that the file is zero bytes, i wanna know if i can fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the recovery files is 0 bytes then all may very well be lost. You said you spent "ages" on the animation - did you at any time save the file? Not trying to sound snarky, just doesn't sound like what typically happens. AnCC is pretty solid and dependable because it is always creating a recovery files while you are working.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't remember actually saving it myself, I just remember constantly seeing the auto save pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to start over and again, periodically save your work with all programs using increasing version numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Start over, do it better the 2nd time around. But do a "save as..." immediately to a local drive. After a significant amount of work, save again, then do a save as again with a new name or add a number to the end of the existing file name.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, here we go again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do not use the same name when saving. append a version number that increases with each save.

any time animate or your computer crashes with a fla open that file will probably be corrupted. if that file is yourproject_v053.fla, then yourproject_v053.fla is probably going to be corrupted. yourproject_v052.fla will be just as you saved it before the crash so you only loose the work done after v052.

i use a jsfl file tied to a keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-s) that automatically appends increasing version numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The recovery folders that kglad mentioned can be written in a different way. If you're on Windows, paste this into File Explorer:

%LocalAppData%\Adobe\

then open the folder for Animate, en_US, Configuration. All being well there will be some recovery_ fla files in there.

For Mac, in Finder choose Go to Folder from the Go menu, and paste this in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

then again, go into the right Animate folder, en_US, Configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines