Highlighted

Parenting not supported by documant type!

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm new to AnimateCC. I've gone through numerous of the beginner tutorials. I'm trying to understand how to utilize this program to bring my ideas to life. I was running into assets (after making them int movie symbols) moving out of position while making adjustments to them within the motion tween. I wanted to parent the components up to try and resolve my issue but I cant test this because every time I open a new (?) file/document (new-character animation-standard-747X420 HTMLS Canvas) the icon for parenting is grayed out and when I mouse over it "Parenting is not supported in this document type" is displayed.., WTF! Sorry. : (

When creating a new file just choose AS3 and all will be fine

Clipboard-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Parenting not supported by documant type!

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm new to AnimateCC. I've gone through numerous of the beginner tutorials. I'm trying to understand how to utilize this program to bring my ideas to life. I was running into assets (after making them int movie symbols) moving out of position while making adjustments to them within the motion tween. I wanted to parent the components up to try and resolve my issue but I cant test this because every time I open a new (?) file/document (new-character animation-standard-747X420 HTMLS Canvas) the icon for parenting is grayed out and when I mouse over it "Parenting is not supported in this document type" is displayed.., WTF! Sorry. : (

Clipboard-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 22, 2019 0
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard-1.png

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 2
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much. That was the most simplest thing. I thought I was going to have to pull out the rest of my hair. Thank you for the response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure!

Glad it all works now.

Have fun!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0