• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasteboard showing in published file

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing a swf file of an animation and I can't seem to figure out why everything on my pasteboard is visible in addition to what's on my stage. The pasteboard doesn't show when I test the animation, only once I've published.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how SWFs have always worked. If your window is larger than your stage resolution, you'll see outside the stage. That's why SWFs are almost always displayed at a fixed resolution or fixed aspect ratio.

Really, there's no such thing as a pasteboard in Flash/Animate. The stage actually includes everything on the timeline at any given frame, and the "stage" is just a viewport onto this. That's why you should avoid leaving unused junk outside the stage. All that stuff has a performance and memory impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Still pretty new to all this so I didn't know that about swf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are you planning on doing with that SWF? All major web browsers are going to stop supporting them in about a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's for submission of a course project. Nothing actually being published and used, but I needed to be able to email a completed animation and that seemed the easiest route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mask your stage.

For an example how to do it, get this template: https://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines