• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues with HTML5 and v21.0.5

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've noticed quite a significant performance drop in HTML5 canvas projects from v21.0.4 to v21.0.5 (particularly noticable on slower CPUs, like older tablets etc). The same project when saved in 21.0.4 renders at a 30fps, but when exported using 21.0.5 it's more like 10-15fps. No changes made to the project itself - so it's purely down to the Animate update. Is this a bug - or is there any known work-around? Have downgraded to v21.0.4 for now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be a bug.  report it here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

but you should do further testing to make sure it's reproducible.  ie, is there a frame rate drop with every html5 project?   ie, did you test with a canvas file that displays the actual frame rate and nothing else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, was just wondering if anyone else had noticed anything similar, as although it's really noticable (and reproducable) in my specific project (which is already quite CPU heavy), I've not done extensive tests to work out if it's happening across everything. My best guess is that it has something to do with the new effect tween features just added, but if it's just me experiencing this, then at least I can then worry about my project rather than worrying about Animate 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if it's a particular tween causing the issue, if it's reproducible, it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_radiosity , We are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Can you please help us with the sample file(s) to reproduce & investigate further ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sukhesh, thanks for looking into this. I’m trying to create a simple game using Animate / HTML5 - and learning some Javascript in the process, so I’m sure the code is quite a mess! That said, here’s a version of the game (exported using the default HTML) using v21.0.4 and the same file (no other changes) exported using v21.0.5. (From a Mac: OSX 10.15.7).

When viewed on a newer/faster device the slow-down isn’t so noticeable, but when tested on an older Windows laptop or Android tablet - the 21.0.5 version is definitely rendering slower. Just need to know if it’s my code or something to do with the latest version of Animate? Can provide .fla file if needed.

Animate V21.0.4: http://studio.b2ldigital.com/demos/vax1/
Animate V21.0.5: http://studio.b2ldigital.com/demos/vax2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!! I almost forgot about the issue once I started playing the game 🙂 Great work @_radiosity !

About the issue - like you mentioned I am not able to notice the slowness with the 2nd URL.

I have requested additional details through DM - kindly check your private messages section & provide the required details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Could be that it's only rendering slowly on a specific selection of devices - (I only have a couple to test on!). I've sent the full .Fla over to you via email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just passing by to say that your game is amazing! Congratulations! Really good!

This forum is in dire need of a showcase section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much - nice to hear, especially as you guys are the first to view it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here on my PC, version 21.0.5 seems to be running faster.

From experience, one thing I can recommend to you - in case you are not doing it - is that it is more efficient to create effects with instances added at runtime than to be saving instances of Movie Clips with many frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines