Highlighted

Personalizzare installazione applicazione

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao a tutti, sono nuovo su questo forum, perdonatemi se farò domande banali!

Ho appena realizzato un'applicazione, utilizzando Adobe Animate CC, che potrà essere usata sia su piattaforme Windows che su Mac.

Tale App sarà masterizzata su CD e distribuita.
Come posso configurare l'installazione, affinchè possa avvenire su un solo computer?

Mi spiego meglio: se installo l'app su un PC, con lo stesso CDROM non devo poterla installare su un altro PC

E' possibile configurare questo tipo di installazione?

Grazie per l'attenzione che mi darete

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Personalizzare installazione applicazione

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao a tutti, sono nuovo su questo forum, perdonatemi se farò domande banali!

Ho appena realizzato un'applicazione, utilizzando Adobe Animate CC, che potrà essere usata sia su piattaforme Windows che su Mac.

Tale App sarà masterizzata su CD e distribuita.
Come posso configurare l'installazione, affinchè possa avvenire su un solo computer?

Mi spiego meglio: se installo l'app su un PC, con lo stesso CDROM non devo poterla installare su un altro PC

E' possibile configurare questo tipo di installazione?

Grazie per l'attenzione che mi darete

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Unfortunately this is not as easy as just changing some options in the Publish Settings.

You can certainly create a security system the way software companies usually do but you'll have to code it yourself using AS3.

Some approaches can be:

- Register the user and/or device in a online database;

- Write info about the installation on Registry (Windows) and Mac equivalent.

Some references:

GitHub - yaa110/Adobe-Air-Registry-Modifier: An integration between Adobe Air projects and Windows R...

NativeProcess - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

URLRequest - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

GitHub - PhantomAppDevelopment/firebase-as3: Integrate Firebase Auth, Realtime Database and Storage ...

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, you gave me a series of useful ideas to work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao pxc_edizioni

I can't speak Italien. You have to use the Translate service at the bottom.

There is nothing in Adobe Animate CC you can do to make sure a CDROM is installed only once.

CDROM means Compact Disk - READ ONLY MEMORY. Read only - that means you cannot write new data on it after it has been burned. And this would be necessary to write a code on the media when it has been installed or copied on the first PC.

Back in the days when CDROMS were famous there was a trick or method to make sure that they couldn't be copied. From one CDROM to another CDROM. Some kind of copy protection. But I don't know how that was done. And anyway, it isn't what you need.

I guess this is all about profit. $$$ . Maybe you think about another distribution channel. Like paid software with a short demo which is free. Then when somebody wants the full version, he or she needs to pay (PayPal, credit card) to get the software key.

Is your application really worth it?

i migliori saluti

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering me and I apologize if I wrote in Italian.

The app that I'm developing will be attached to a textbook, so it is necessary that the student or professor who buys the book, can only install it on their PC, so I need the same cd allows only one installation. I hope I explained myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 0
kdmemory LATEST
Advocate ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Italien was fine, no problem.

In technical terms I don't know how this can be done. You would have to do  the research.

But I have a general idea. If each CDROM would be burned with a unique key (like a complex password) and all keys are saved in an online database. When a professor or student installs or opens the CD or its content, the database is contacted, the unique key is checked and receives a flag. This flag indicates that has been used only once. The installation will go ahead.

When afterwards the same CD is put into another PC, the database is contacted once again with the unique key and - Attenzione - the flag has been already set before. The installation or launch of app will be declined.

This is of course only theory - but something like that might be possible.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2019 1