• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP BRUSHES IN ANIMATE? When???

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is common request/suggestion but it can't hurt to bring it up again. When will we see the incorporation of PS brushes into animate? I know, I know - vector is king in animate, etc. etc. However, there has to be some way of including at least the minimal brushes. I think it's time now. Let's get some real pencil quality brushes in there, that don't lag or reshape/smooth the lines out. Let's get some painting brushes in there for backgrounds. Why not make Animate a top animation program for traditional animators? You can still have all the coding parts and html stuff... I'm just saying, here's an opportunity to be the best program out there. It's so close to doing so... The reason I'm venting is because I just finished animating a pilot and Animate worked marvels for me, but for some reason I just wanted the line quality not to be so sharp*. The fluid tool is good, glitchy at certain times, but I overlooked it because it was new. When I did the bg's in PS I could not help but wonder "if I could only use these brushes in Animate. (Sigh)" 

I'd like to hear what people's thoughts are... 

TOPICS
Missing feature , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Hi again, mate!

I've no opinion on the PS timeline really. I've looked at it, but never attempted to use is for real work.

To me it looked like some toy thing.

At the beginning of my career in 1994-95 I had to use the 'animation capabilities' of (then Fractal Design, now Corel) Painter 3 to draw frame by frame for some early multimedia projects that were later on made interactive in Macromedia Director. Seeing the PS timeline brought back those unpleasant memories of underdeveloped UX. I'm not nos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why not make Animate a top animation program for traditional animators?"

🙂🙂🙂

Dreams, dreams, dreams

Hi mate,

I'm sorry to say it, but I think they would if they could.

Personally I think Animate has so many performance and stability issues, bugs, UX deficiencies and poorly implemented features that adding another poorly implemented feature would only make things worse and may mark the point of no return.

Not that it won't be good to have, but...

I just think that users have to be a little more realistic and demand a clean up of all the crap that is totally useless and also improved performance and bug free production-level stability, and only after that becomes reality start requesting more 'amazing' features.

The track record of new feature implementation in the last ten years is quite disastrous. How does that make anyone expect that implementing a raster brush engine would go smoothly?

I would say: Be careful what you wish for as what you could get might have nothing to do with your imagined raster brush.

And that would open another front for assault on Animate which is leaking serious pro users like never before.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thoughful response, I appreciate it. I'm at a point where I've done a ton of animated work in animate and either I don't want to 'learn' toonboom or I've just built this crutch on Animate. You're absolutely right about the need to clean out the useless stuff.

What are your thoughts on taking the Animate cc timeline and it's functionality and dropping it into PS? I've toyed with the ps timeline but it's horrendous. I know the exporting through PS gives you huge files, but i've noticed animate files getting big too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate!

I've no opinion on the PS timeline really. I've looked at it, but never attempted to use is for real work.

To me it looked like some toy thing.

At the beginning of my career in 1994-95 I had to use the 'animation capabilities' of (then Fractal Design, now Corel) Painter 3 to draw frame by frame for some early multimedia projects that were later on made interactive in Macromedia Director. Seeing the PS timeline brought back those unpleasant memories of underdeveloped UX. I'm not nostalgic of those times and don't feel like re-living the pain 🙂

My motivation to engage in the Animate forums is the hope that Animate is not completely lost yet, the belief that its core is really flexible and has huge potential to be a professional animation tool and the desire to help and steer it back on track if that is at all possible.

We have dedicated about 10 years developing EDAP Tools and still have ideas for years ahead. If Animate dies this will be very sad.

Best regards!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your EDAP material looks really helpful. I don't much character rigging, but that stuff you have on there looks great. Thank you for engaging here on this forum and best of luck to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines