Pieces coming together - The best way to approach such an animation

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm making a website and I would like to inculde an animation in that website.

What I would like you to do is to tell me if my idea is feasible (or should I take some other approach, use a different tool like After Effects, perhaps).

I have this image (www.ortodroma.si/downloadable/line.png) The idea for the animation is to animate this image in a way that when a user scrolls to that animation on the website, the pieces are coming together from different sides and the animatio stops when they are back together each on his own place forming a construction that you see on the image.

The way I'm planning to approcah that:

• Get a better version of that image. Perhaps even a 3D version as that image was done in a professional engineering programme by someone else who I know.
  • Split the construction into different parts.
  • Animate those parts comming together in Animate (would After Effects be better choice?)
  • Export the animation (in which format if I would like to put it in the header of my website?)
  • Include it on my website.

Is that a good plan?

Other questions and doubts that I have:

• If I would want that animation to look like 3d (there are good chaances that I get that image in 3D like I have mentioned above) which tool would alow me to make those 3D pieces comming together. Can that be done in Animate?
  • Would such an animation slow down my website a lot?

Thanks if you can help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use either to create a video to add to your website and both can handle 3d objects.  after effects (because it's video editing software) might be a better choice than animate.

how much it would slow the loading of your web page depends how large the video is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more