Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pivot point keeps moving

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to rotate a Symbol in motion tween.  I have done this successfully.

Now I want the symbol to start from a small size and get larger as it rotates.

I used the free transform tool to scale it down on first frame and on last frame to the finished size I want.

The problem is the crosshair and circle in the centre of my Symbol keeps moving and it ruins the rotation becasue it's then off axis with the rest of the picture.

When I attempt to move the symbol everything then gets messed up and a blue line appears from cross hair and moves the entire symbol out of place.

Is there no way to not have the symbol move?  I want it to just stay static as I scale and rotate it.  Without moving a pixel off-axis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, double-click the Transformation point with the Free Transform tool to snap it back into position over the Registration point so that your tweens don't break.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man thanks for swift response, when you say the Transformation point do you mean the small cross-hair in the middle of the tiny circle around the cross-hair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Paul,

The Transformation Point is the little circle which you can move with the Free Transform tool.

The cross-hair indicates the Registration Point, which is unmovable.

Have a look here for better understanding of how they work and should be used:

https://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/

As for the floating elements and points, it is a disgusting bug in newer versions of Animate, most likely due to poorly implemented mathematical rounding. See if you have display scaling applied at OS level. Try to set your screen to 100%. This may or may not improve the situation.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug in 2022. Over the last two weeks I have seen so many bugs, animation breaks, glitches, and problems in a small/simple/basic animation, using just standard techniques from Adobe's own tutorials. I have no idea how Adobe has allowed a software for industry professionals to get this bad and not address these issues. While After Effects has been able to do the same stuff without hangups for over a decade. I feel like we're paying $240 a year for abandon-ware. The flexi-bone tool update is great, but if I can't even tween an object without the rotation changing on its own, then the program is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you aren't accidentally moving the CENTER point of the INSTANCE of the symbol (not yelling those words, but rather emphasizing them)? The center point is the small white circle that appears when a symbol instance is selected while using the Free Transform tool. If that center point is in a different location between 2 keyframes of a motion or classic tween, the symbol will drift before snapping to its location in the final keyframe. 
The cross hairs represents the center of the symbol itself. Do what Nick suggests and let us know if you still experience this issue of the center point of the instance moving in rogue fashion somehow.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very much no. I've worked in Flash 8 - CS6. I am aware of the plethora of ways a tween animation can break. Probably learned most of them in 2009 or so. Avoided coming over to CC because of the business model and lack of upgrades, but decided those shiny flexi warps and a brush tool that actually draws what you tell it to looked worth the upgrade... I've spent the past weeks wondering if it's really worth it.

But no, it's not the white circle being bumped, a random additional object or penstroke on the tween layer, or any of the other classic culprits.

What "fixed" it for me was just ditching parenting layers altogether and re-animating from there. Not the solution I wanted, but I'd rather lose a feature than troubleshoot it's bugs when they're this bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines