Pivot point keeps moving

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to rotate a Symbol in motion tween.  I have done this successfully.

Now I want the symbol to start from a small size and get larger as it rotates.

I used the free transform tool to scale it down on first frame and on last frame to the finished size I want.

The problem is the crosshair and circle in the centre of my Symbol keeps moving and it ruins the rotation becasue it's then off axis with the rest of the picture.

When I attempt to move the symbol everything then gets messed up and a blue line appears from cross hair and moves the entire symbol out of place.

Is there no way to not have the symbol move?  I want it to just stay static as I scale and rotate it.  Without moving a pixel off-axis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, double-click the Transformation point with the Free Transform tool to snap it back into position over the Registration point so that your tweens don't break.

Nick – Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team – extensions for character animation – flash-powertools dot com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man thanks for swift response, when you say the Transformation point do you mean the small cross-hair in the middle of the tiny circle around the cross-hair?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Paul,

The Transformation Point is the little circle which you can move with the Free Transform tool.

The cross-hair indicates the Registration Point, which is unmovable.

Have a look here for better understanding of how they work and should be used:

https://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/

As for the floating elements and points, it is a disgusting bug in newer versions of Animate, most likely due to poorly implemented mathematical rounding. See if you have display scaling applied at OS level. Try to set your screen to 100%. This may or may not improve the situation.

Hope this helps!

Nick – Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team – extensions for character animation – flash-powertools dot com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines