Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Images

Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a problem with some of my work. I noticed that sometimes when I add too many images or too big, it changes the graphic quality of some of them. The images are pixelated. Does anyone know the reason why I get this problem and how can I solve it? bug.JPGThank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

you can convert your bitmaps into vectors using animate:  click a bitmap>modify>bitmap>trace bitmap.  this is especially useful for imported photos.

but the graphic you showed does not appear to be a photo.  so whoever created that should be able to supply an svg file instead of a png.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either:

1. use vectors (eg, svgs), not bitmaps

2. use bitmaps with high enough resolution that they scale ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I will try that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure which you're going to try but the first (using vectors instead of bitmaps) is the best.  vectors scale perfectly and are generally much smaller files than high resolution bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I use alot of transparent images (ex. png). I know that with high resolution the file will be larger. I tried to create everyting in Animate so that I won't have bad quality images but that takes time and I should get this things from my team mates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can convert your bitmaps into vectors using animate:  click a bitmap>modify>bitmap>trace bitmap.  this is especially useful for imported photos.

but the graphic you showed does not appear to be a photo.  so whoever created that should be able to supply an svg file instead of a png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. You helped me alot. I tried converting bitmaps like you said but I think it might work on some bitmap but on all. Therefore I will ask for vectorial files as svg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afaik, it works on all.  i've never had it fail.

if you think you have a bitmap on which trace bitmap fails, embed* the bitmap here.

kglad_0-1616602232015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that it doesn't work. But the transformation it's not that perfect. In the image can be seen on the green panel in the corners a shadow.  I had never modified bitmap into object in Animate so maybe I did something wrong. bug.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the trace bitmap settings to make adjustments.  there's a trade-off between how quickly you want the trace to complete and how perfect you want the vector to mimic the bitmap.

you can make it 100% pixel perfect (but it the closer to pixel-perfect, the more computer resources required).  this would be pixel-perfect but be careful.  i would not recommend using these settings unless you progressively approach them and are pretty confident it's not going to crash or freeze your computer.

kglad_0-1616604414796.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked without any problem. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines