Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play video

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to make a very simple kiosk installation (Air for Desktop), where a press on a button activates a video (and after the video ends, the button will be back). Can anyone guide me to how to do it?

The only way I can play a video is by placing it on the first frame of a scene. But If I make a play button in one scene, and a video solely on another scene, only the button shows up in the test.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikkel

So, AIR for Desktop. Are you using the FLVPlayback Component for your video?

There are ways to achieve your goal. But first I need to know more basics.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I use FLVPlayback Component. in Air for Desktop.

I can only make video work if I put it in my timeline from frame 1. I have tried many solutions, but always get errors when I place it on other frames or in another scene (the latter does not give me an error, but just doesn't work). At this moment I am stuck with having a button on top of my video (which has autoplay unticked) with which I can start the video. I would prefer to have a button by itself, have it activating the video (by a click), and after the video return to the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't. Use. Scenes. Scenes are an archaism from the AS1 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines