Highlighted

Player locks up when using adanced layers

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an animation that I created, and as soon as I turn on advanced layers and try to publish the player locks up/crashes.  I've already re-created my preferences 3 times, but no change.

If I turn the advanced layers off it publishes and runs just fine. 

Anyone else experience this?

Hi

I downloaded both FLAs. And yes, testing graphics.fla brings on a SWF with expected speed, and testing movie_clips.fla brings on a very sloooooowww SWF. So far as you described your problem. I had no crash, though.

Then I saved movie_clips.fla under a different file name and reduced the number of characters from seven to one. I just wanted to know by which number the problem starts or increases. Hence successively I increased always by one and tested. Now I have eight Hick characters on stage and the speed's still fine. And Advanced Layers are on.

So I can't really tell why my file is working, apart from that I use Animate 19.0 Build 326. (I can't use the latest release because there's a bug with web fonts in HTML5 Canvas documents). In your file one character instance was set to Button in the Property panel, though I don't think that was the cause.

Perhaps you try out my file with eight characters and good speed. How it fares on your machines.

Dropbox - movie_clips_xp.zip

Klaus

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Player locks up when using adanced layers

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an animation that I created, and as soon as I turn on advanced layers and try to publish the player locks up/crashes.  I've already re-created my preferences 3 times, but no change.

If I turn the advanced layers off it publishes and runs just fine. 

Anyone else experience this?

Hi

I downloaded both FLAs. And yes, testing graphics.fla brings on a SWF with expected speed, and testing movie_clips.fla brings on a very sloooooowww SWF. So far as you described your problem. I had no crash, though.

Then I saved movie_clips.fla under a different file name and reduced the number of characters from seven to one. I just wanted to know by which number the problem starts or increases. Hence successively I increased always by one and tested. Now I have eight Hick characters on stage and the speed's still fine. And Advanced Layers are on.

So I can't really tell why my file is working, apart from that I use Animate 19.0 Build 326. (I can't use the latest release because there's a bug with web fonts in HTML5 Canvas documents). In your file one character instance was set to Button in the Property panel, though I don't think that was the cause.

Perhaps you try out my file with eight characters and good speed. How it fares on your machines.

Klaus

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi noim988

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing what sort of animation we are dealing with.

• Can you share your file? (Or describe what you are doing)
  • What is your Animate CC version and build?
  • What is your Operation system? (mac or windows)

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have given more information.  Here is as much info I can think of, and I've been testing all types of scenarios to see if I can narrow it down.  By the way, this was all working fine in Animate CC 17.  It wasn't until we upgraded to CC 19 did this begin to happen.

Specs/Build:

1.  This is happening on both a PC running windows 10 and a mac running High Sierra.

2.  On the PC it is Animate CC version 19.1 (build 349).

3.  I'm not sure the build on the Mac, but it is Version 19.1 as well.

4. This is an actionscript 3 platform type file.

5.  We've tried to publish with flash player 20 all the way up to 30 set as our target.

Description:

1.  We are trying to create a cartoon where multiple characters are sitting in a classroom setting.  It appears that as soon as we add more than about 3 characters the publishing of the swf either crashes or goes extremely slow.  If you just open the SWF it just crawls extremely slow.  See the the link to the "movie_clips.swf" file below.  In the sample I'm linking to it has 7 of the exact same character/movie clip.  In our normal animation there would be different characters in each one, but I did't want to give my entire source file, since we can replicate the problem with just one.

2.  Strange enough, if I convert all the characters from movie clips to graphics, it seems to work ok, as seen in the link below for "graphics.swf". 

3.  If I turn "advanced layers" off in either, everything works fine.  As soon as I re-enable it, the publishing goes back to either crashing, or going extremely slow, and the SWF either doesn't load or goes extremely slow.

We pulled up another cartoon that we had previously done, which had about 5 scenes to it, and it completely crashes when using advanced layers (which in the previous build of animate CC 17 worked just fine).   I mean we can't publish it at all.  As soon as we turn advanced layers off the file works just fine.  Unfortunately that cartoon relies heavily on the camera.  I thought I was onto something with converting the movie clips to graphics, so we went through the entire animation and converted everything to graphics.  Unfortunately that didn't work on this one.

Ive attached a couple FLA and SWF files to show what we are seeing.

http://ixsweb.com/broken/graphics.fla

http://ixsweb.com/broken/graphics.swf

http://ixsweb.com/broken/movie_clips.fla

http://ixsweb.com/broken/movie_clips.swf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0