Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing audio by using the next frame keyboard shortcut

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a problem in the timeline regarding the next frame keyboard shortcut. I'm trying to lip sync an animation with audio, but the audio won't play while moving frame by frame - only while dragging through the timeline with the mouse. Also my audio is set to stream. I just switched computers, and my old computer allowed me to hear audio on single frames while moving frame by frame with the keyboard, and this one does not. I feel like there's a setting I'm missing, but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. I can only hear the file play when I hit play or enter, not even by dragging/scrubbing through the timeline. I'm at AS 3 and set to Streaming. I read another thread [https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/Adobe-Animate-CC-Cannot-Import-Certain-MP3-Files/td-p/9287497] which may help you as it references Windows settings on the app itself as well as changing the sample type to 48000 Hz in a program like Audition (maybe the free Audacity if you don't have), and the bit rate also being an issue if not a multiple of 11 (this is not my specialty, I'm just repeated possible solutions here for you). I'm waiting myself to hear different options, as I tried changing those settings, and even exporting to WAV file format, but when in Animate, I can't even show the WAV file to import, and the file I changed the sample type to 48KHz in, and kept as an MP3, Animate refuses to import to even test out whether this is my 'hearing' problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Flash / Animate have never had such function to play audio when moving back and forth with the keyboard.

They have always played Stream Audio when scrubbing the play head.

To avoid any sync surprises, audio has to be prepared in 44100 Hz, 16-bit, WAV PCM format before import.

(Not 48kHz as another posrer in this thread incorrectly points out).

If you still hear nothing, the problem may be somewhrere with you audio settings at OS level.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll have to play around with some new settings on the new computer. Thanks for your response, it makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/Help-Need-Audio-Scrubbing-With-Step-Forward-Backward/td-p/969...

If you use the scripts in that thread, be sure to use the revised versions, not the initial versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines