• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Podcast animation

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've  been asked to animate a 13 minute podcast in the form of the Ricky Gervais Show animations. I'm not sure how much to charge for this. Would anybody know of a good rate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge gray area as you can charge whatever you want based on the client, how much your time is worth to you and how long you think it will take you to complete. 

Consider what you need to make on a daily basis to survive, pad that by 10% and then multiply that by the number of days you feel you need to do the entire animation. 

That's your ballpark estimate. Write up a contract and that a round of revisions costs "X" or nothing at all until "X" rounds of revisions are needed then you start charging more. You can decide how that works but there's really no single monetary value to provide. DM me if you want my personal opinion on an actual value. I just don't want to give one publicly to avoid skewing the market. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Brilliant  thanks for this. Ive already sent the client a ballpark figure explaining revisions. I will keep your details incase I need more help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! Glad to help. 13 min is a long animation depending on complexity of course. As one person taking into account storyboards, backgrounds, character design and the animation itself, it always takes longer than we anticipate. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines