• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Possible) Audio Bug in Adobe Animate 19.2.1

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Animate since January of this year. Today I have encontered a bug when scrubbing through the time line, the audio won't play unless I set the scrubber to the start of the timeline and then play it. If the scrubber is anywhere else on the timeline the audio doesn't play. I have no clue if the clip is bugged or this is an issue with Animate CC.

Audio Clip Information: The clip was recorded in Audacity 2.3.1. The clip is the Stranger Things Intro theme recorded with the microphone set to MME Stero Mix: Realtek High Definition Audio. The clip was recorded on YouTube the video recorded was the Stranger Things Intro Sequence posted by the offical Stranger Things channel. The clip was imported to the timeline and the audio layer is locked. If anyone knows how I can fix this or if it's just the audio file let me know, Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

To hear it while scrubbing the audio has to be set to Stream in Properties panel.

To avoid all kinds of issues with audio, the source audio file before import should be PCM WAV 16-bit 44100 Hz.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Forgot I had to do that. This really helped me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick didn't mention it, but Stream is only available in AS3 FLAs. If you are making an animation for video, or for AIR, or for SWF, use AS3 documents. If you are making something for HTML5 Canvas you won't have Stream in the final product, but you could set up the animation in AS3 with Stream, and convert it to HTML5 Canvas and Event audio after you are happy with the timing of the video.

You may need to do your own additional code to make the animation keep up with the audio, if you are doing HTML5 Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I usually use Action Script 3.0, but I'll keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines