• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to batch publish or run JSFL without Animate installed and/or running?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my searching, it looks like there's not a standalone CLI for compiling Adobe Animate documents or running JSFL. Is that true?

Our team has a framework that can have any number of Animate documents that compile to HTML5 canvas. We're setting up a task that will iterate each document and publish them all as part of the build command. We're trying to determine if this would necessitate having Animate installed and running while the build command is running.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Hi.

You can use a command line tool but I think you're gonna need Animate/Flash installed.

To run a script from the command line on Windows:

• Use the following syntax (add path information as required):

"flash.exe" myTestFile.jsfl [-AlwaysRunJSFL]

Use the -AlwaysRunJSFL option to bypass the dialog box that prompts you to confirm script execution. To run a script from the “Terminal” application on the Macintosh, use either of the following:

To run a script from the “Terminal” application on the Macint

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You can use a command line tool but I think you're gonna need Animate/Flash installed.

To run a script from the command line on Windows:

• Use the following syntax (add path information as required):

"flash.exe" myTestFile.jsfl [-AlwaysRunJSFL]

Use the -AlwaysRunJSFL option to bypass the dialog box that prompts you to confirm script execution. To run a script from the “Terminal” application on the Macintosh, use either of the following:

To run a script from the “Terminal” application on the Macintosh, use either of the following:

• Use the following osacript syntax (add path information as required):

osascript -e 'tell application "flash" to open alias "Mac OS X:Users:user:myTestFile.jsfl" '

The osascript command can also run AppleScript in a file. For example, you could include the following text in a file named myScript:

tell application "flash"

open alias "Mac OS X:Users:user:myTestFile.jsfl"

end tell

Then, to run the script, you would use this command:

osascript myScript

• Use the flashpro command:

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ CC/flashpro.app/Contents/MacOS/flashpro

But I hope there's a workaround.

https://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/flash/cs5/flash_cs5_extending.pdf

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BBaysinger  wrote

We're trying to determine if this would necessitate having Animate installed and running while the build command is running.

If Animate isn't installed, what exactly are you imagining would be running the script and publishing the FLA?

Seems a bit like asking if you can recalculate an Excel spreadsheet without Excel installed, or render a Premiere project without Premiere installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. Many IDEs are just a front-end for command-line based software.

I think I already knew the answer. I just needed to confirm absolutely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines