• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent .FLA modification on publish?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a .FLA, make no modification, but run the "Publish" command, the .FLA acts as if it has been "modified" in some way. This makes no sense and is pretty problematic because:

1. You have no way of knowing if you actually changed the .FLA at all. Did you maybe move something by mistake? Toggle a layer option? Or did you only produce an output and the original file is 100% identical to what it was before? No way of telling.

2. This wreaks havoc on version control.

Is there any way to turn this off?

Animate 21.0.4

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i publish, for a moment i see an asterisk next to the fla name indicating a change, but that just appears for a moment (maybe one second) and then disappears, indicating no change to the frla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurs when publishing to HTML5 (my bad for not clarifying in the original post).

If I'm publishing to a .SWF I get the functionality you described, but when publishing to HTML5 it modifies the document at every publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i see that too.

maybe it's because a query string is added for testing to prevent caching.  in any case, you can report it here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines