Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview framerate drops

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I am fairly new to Animate and still am trying to get used to the program and the whole cel animation process.

Currently I have lots of problems with the preview frame rate that almost never stays at the defined 24 fps.

I already made some research and figured that the problem is less common when switching to the selection tool before hitting the play button.

The frame rate may improve but not even close to 24fps.

I tried to change the preview mode, but even in Outline mode the animation is not been previewed properly.

I am working with a cintiq HD pro 16" and a MacBook Pro 2018, i9 processor, 32GB RAM

Can anybody give me advice how I can fix that problem?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

The editor view almost never runs at full frame rate. That's how Flash/Animate has always been, and that's why the Test function exists and has such a handy keyboard shortcut assigned to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the problem is not connected to Animate but with the MacBook Pro.

Seems like two external monitors are to much for the graphic card to handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The editor view almost never runs at full frame rate. That's how Flash/Animate has always been, and that's why the Test function exists and has such a handy keyboard shortcut assigned to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like ClayUUID said, if your system can't keep up editor performance then try exporting to a movie by doing CMD/CTRL-RETURN.

Anything that causes the system having to redraw complex vectors, do alpha blending or apply image filters will result in slower rendering. Zooming out might help a bit in those cases. Long transfers between CPU and RAM (e.g. video or large bitmaps) can cause stutters in the frame rate.

A beefy system helps, I'm currently doing 1080p animation at 30 fps and my MBP can't keep up either, especially with the high-res retina screen I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines