• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous posts called this fixed...font defaulting to New Times Roman

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When highlighting text it automatically changes the entire field to New Times Roman.  Even when I set me default as the one I want to use.  I hate New Times Roman and the meticulous process of undoing what it has done to me is quadrupling my time.  Oh, and UNDO doesn't correct it either.

Previous posts said it was fixed.  Clearly it is an ongoing issue.

I'm using Version 19.1 Build 349

Windows 10

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

to get the full picture, can you supply link(s) to these previous posts?

cheers

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see you mean this one? Sorry didn't see it at first.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is one of the posts where someone asked a similar question.  There are a couple and both claimed it was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Paul

that post was from March 2016 claiming the solution would be to update to ANCC version 15.1.0.1.13. You are using Version 19.1 Build 349. Let's call it a new situation.

So what are you doing? Is it an HTML5 Canvas project or Actionscript3?

if it is an AS3 Project, are your TextFields dynamic? In that case did you Embed... the font you've selected?

If it is a HTML5 Canvas Project, do you try to use a Webfont? Like Google Fonts or Adobe Fonts?

Please give us a clearer description of these circumstances.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in AS3.  I'm using Static text.  I embeded the font into the project.  I've never had this problem before the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you, the font you want to use, can you examine if this font is healthy? Your are on Windows 10 hence me on Mac OS can't advice you how to do that, but try to find out.

What happens if you select another font? Does it still jump to Times New Roman as you described?

If this all doesn't bring any new results, you should file a Bug Report .

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will jump to Times New Roman regardless of what other font I'm using.  The font I'm using the most is Ariel, which is a common font and one that I use in other Adobe applications exclusively.    I wasn't aware of the bug report...I'll try to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report link doesn't work.  Is there another way to that site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines