• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with switching scenes with a button inside a symbol

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, i had to put 5 buttons (Therefore symbol) inside a larger symbol to animate a sort of downward load, there the buttons load in within a few seconds, top ones first.

I checked the Actionscript code and it's sound, even tried it on buttons outside of the large second symbol and those worked, however i can't seem to make the buttons inside of the large symbol access another scene. Instead i get this:  

ArgumentError: Error #2108: Scene Datafile1Link was not found.
at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndStop()
at TESTFORDATAFILES_fla::BigAssortmentofBtns_48/Datafile1Go()

From what i can tell, it's trying to find the scene within the larger symbol but i honestly can't figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Also i checked for any errors in code, typos in both code and scene names and there were none.)

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and i forgot to add this, but the reason i can't use completely black buttons (to blend in with the background) on the outside of the symbol with just the look of the buttons being animated is because the buttons themselves need to turn white for the instant they are pressed to signify them actually being pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well i apologize for starting this thread, after hours of work today i finally figured it out, though i can't seem to delete the thread, again i apologize, but i finally managed to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines