• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the fill tool.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to do something straightforward, I've done this multiple times in the past; never came across a problem. Now all of a sudden it's not complying, it's generally upsetting me, it feels like something changed in the latest update that I'm not aware of, or maybe I'm being an idiot and missing the big picture. Either way, I'd appreciate some help on this.

At the moment I'm designing a character that I'll animate later, but the fact that I can't simply fill in the character in this one frame, makes me dread how hard it will be to draw it multiple times.

sajksanfbjawef.PNG

I had to fill in the majority of the shirt manually because I couldn't just fill it in for some reason.

asfhjawebjawefwf.PNG

Everything's layered, and I made sure it's broken apart, so I know that's not the problem here; I typically use the brush for the majority of the body, and the pencil tool for more detailed parts and to help me shade. After this update, it seems as if I can no longer use the brush and the pencil tool. Which is extremely disappointing, and I don't know how I'm going to fill in or shade now without it.

I don't know how to attach a file to this post; if I did, I would send it to see if anyone could figure out the problem for themselves.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

So the lines you created to draw this character - more specifically the object you are trying to fill - are comprised of both brush strokes and lines? It should still fill as long as nothing is an Object Drawing and all the art is flattened on a single layer. You are sure there are no gaps and you tried setting the Bucket tool sub-selections to fill gaps of various sizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the lines you created to draw this character - more specifically the object you are trying to fill - are comprised of both brush strokes and lines? It should still fill as long as nothing is an Object Drawing and all the art is flattened on a single layer. You are sure there are no gaps and you tried setting the Bucket tool sub-selections to fill gaps of various sizes?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines