• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program created classic tweens

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making an animation for a college project for a while now and up to the 5th sceen everything went fine.

But now I'm losing my mind because the classic tween just won't work anymore and I'm doing nothing differently (it all worked before).

1. I import an illustrator graphic onto stage on its own layer. I dont change it but immediately chose the whole graphic and turning it into a symbol.

2. I choose a frame on the timeline, click f6 and in that frame I change the symbol's size and alpha.

3. I try creating a classic tween, but the program can't do it and offers to convert it to a symbol, which i have already done.

I dont know how to fix it and why it used to be fine before. I really don't want to start everything from scratch.

I also have two Programe made tweens in my library from before i knew it shouldn't be done. Is there a way I can fix those too without having to start making the whole animation again from scratch..(the two tweens in the library are not noticably wrong when I run the animation but could they be later?)

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

If Animate offers to convert the start keyframe content to a symbol, it's telling you there are multiple symbols and/or shapes in that keyframe. BELIEVE WHAT IT'S TELLING YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Animate offers to convert the start keyframe content to a symbol, it's telling you there are multiple symbols and/or shapes in that keyframe. BELIEVE WHAT IT'S TELLING YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I went back and checked if the classic tween works on other symbols on the scene, and it does.

So, apparently the issue is only with this one graphic. I imported it again and made into a symbol again to no difference. I believe Animate that somthing doesn't work with it, but as a begginer, I really don't understand what and why.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally just told you why it does that.

So, what happens if you DO allow Animate to convert the frame's content to a symbol "again"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

As Clay said, there is something else in that Keyframe; possibly way out of sight.

After import you

• either make a manual selection of your artwork, cut it and then click on the Keyframe and delete (you need to see that it is blank); then Paste in place and convert to Symbol,
  • or lock all other layers and Select All and then convert to Symbol.

Tween will work.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see this, I deslect everything, then click on the symbol asset and Ctrl + X (cut) it from the stage. If the keyframe in the timeline it resided in is still solid black, something else is in the keyframe and out of sight as mentioned already. Select all, delete, Paste-in-place the symbol you copied. Repeat for 2nd keyframe in tween.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much...I understand the problem now.

But I actually managed to accidentally solve the problem by grouping objects in Illustrator and THEN import them to Animate and making a symbol. 

But this made me really understand what to be careful about in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"But I actually managed to accidentally solve the problem by grouping objects in Illustrator and THEN import them to Animate and making a symbol."

This shouldn't make any difference. No matter how an Illustrator object is imported into Animate, tweens will work fine as long as you select everything in the start keyframe before converting to a symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines