• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program freezes when selecting "Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts"

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting options like "Preferences", I get a popup window as expected. However, when I select "Keyboard Shortcuts", no popup appears, and the entire program freezes, forcing me to close it through Windows 10 Task Manager.

I first thought that the popup window was simply hidden, but after trying every trick in the book to find lost windows, I had no luck.

I even tried downgrading from 20.0.1 to 20.0.0, and erasing all my preferences, but the problem still remains.

TOPICS
Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a video demonstrating the issue. As you can see, other popup menues work properly, but the Shortcut window does not show up. Animate seems to think it's there though, which I guess is why it doesn't let me interact with the main window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I've never experienced this...

When you say you erased your preferences, I assume you deleted Config, but did you also delete Roaming?

It's where shortcuts are stored these days.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2020\Shortcuts

Best would be to delete the whole 2020 folder.

Maybe also clear your TEMP folder:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp 

I see that AA 20 caches there now, instead of in Config.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ps. Now when I saw your video once again it reminds me of a bug with XUL dialogs we have reported a while ago when a dialog is opened behind another dialog (instead of in front) and it creates a dead end situation, where your only option is to kill Animate.

What a mess!

Try to shrink Animate window and move it away from the centre of the screen to see if the Shortcuts dialog pops out behind it.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines