Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish won't test in browser, but Test Movie will

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

No idea what is happening here. I have an HTML5 Canvas document, and on Friday, I could hit Publish to test my animation in the browser, but today that won't work. However, if I hit Test Movie, it opens in the browser as expected.

Nothing has changed as far as I know (unless Windows installed an update that I'm not aware of).

I have tested in a fresh project, and in the existing projects. No dice. I have uninstalled Animate, and reinstalled. I've changed my default browser to check if that might have been causing the issue. No luck.

Any suggestions? If you need more info, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Again, this exact project (and numerous others) worked on Friday, but for whatever reason, they won't today.

I have also tested on a second system where this functionality was working, and have run into the same problem.

System details:

Windows 10 Pro (20H2)

Animate (21.0.3 - Build 38773)

i9-9900X

64GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 2070 (457.30)

Cheers,

Darren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a cross-domain security issue when trying to open local files in your browser?  (ie, open your browser's developer console to check.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Kglad,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not entirely sure how to check for that, or what I would be looking for in the console. If you could guide me through it, I'd be happy to check.

Cheers,

Darren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an error message that says something about a cross-domain security violation.  actually, just check for any error message.

google: <your browser> developer console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser doesn't actually launch at all when I hit Publish, so nothing seems to show up in the Developer Console relating to Animate.

Basically, when I hit Publish, Animate goes through the process of exporting everything, but then when you'd expect the browser to launch, you just get crickets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

publish just publishes your project (html, js, images etc) files.  to see anything you right click the html file and click open with and select your browser or left-click (for most users).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines