Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing AIR32 App to AppStore - ERROR ITMS-90096

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest version of Animate CC - Build 19.1 with Air32

I'm trying to publish an AIR App to the AppStore to distribute thru Testflight.  I'm getting the ERROR ITMS-90096 which is a missing splash screen for iPhone 5.  This silly error seems to plague many many users on these forums.  I don't see a current solution per AIR32.

Note:  I've created a .png file called, "dafault-568hj@2x.png" which is a graphic splash screen at 640x1136 and I've added it to the AIR 'included files'.  STILL GETTING THIS ERROR.  Also checked the App Plist and there is indeed already an entry for this item.

Checked with ADOBE support (try not to laugh) - no help.

COME ON ADOBE!!!!

if anyone has successfully transgressed this issue would love to know how you got past it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

they should be in your project's root directory (and you have a typo).

SpellingBug_Hangman_iOS_v_7_x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they should be in your project's root directory (and you have a typo).

SpellingBug_Hangman_iOS_v_7_x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad...

I amended the iPhone 5 splash screen name per your suggestion and republished, uploaded with the same error.  The name I used was referenced in other Forum discussions.

I see you included a screenshot of a list of .png files.  Much appreciated. 

I found this article from Adobe (2015 tho) with file names and sizes - Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR.

The file names in the list you shared are different than this list.   Also found this resource with diff file names.  Adobe AIR * Setting mobile application properties - same, names are different than those in your list.

I can try to generate each of the file in your list klglad (and thanks again for sending).  What version of AIR are you using in referencing this list?  Do you have a list of .png resolutions to go with each of the file names you can share?

RANT:  Not sure why this is so cryptic.  I get that iOS is a moving target as Apple is constantly changing hardware, platforms, etc.  But this error message references iPhone 5 which is not likely not really the issue.  Adobe can't get in sync with Apple?  Or at least publish up to date instructions on how to deal with this error!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just upload an itunes with no error (but a warning that adobe has to update their air app) using those images.

p.s. the default-568h@2x.png is the only one in my included files list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.... are you 'uploading' to the AppStore in your developer account OR are you transferring the app directly to your device?

I don't get this error going directly to a device using iTunes. 

What version of AIR are you using?  I'm using AIR32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never seen that error except when using xcode's application loader to upload an app to itunes.  of course, that would require distribution certificates.

testing on my iphone i use developer certificates, but i don't think i've seen that error when testing.

i'm also using air 32 (32.0.0.89).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks kglad... so I'm using Application Loader to try to get the app to Testflight in this case.  I was successful in getting past the error by adding that file. 

NOW, I'm getting an error with the AppStore that says my .ipa bundle doesn't contain an Assets.car file.  So now I'm stuck here.  Not sure how to go about creating/adding this file.

Anyone gotten past this hurdle?

Thanks for sticking with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your app descriptor file to make sure all your icons are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success... after creating the Assets.car file and adding it to "Included Files" I was able to distribute my app to a device using testflight.

FYI - I used an app called ANE LAB to create my assets.car file.  It's avail here:  https://www.myflashlabs.com/generate-app-icon-assets-car/

Thanks for everyone's help who contributed to the string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines